Do you often abuse people? Want to stop this cycle of abuse? Then it is a good sign that you can fix this. So, if you are ready to reform and ready to end the abuse forever, here are some steps that can help you make a serious change.
- Acceptance – The first step to dealing with your abusive behavior isto accept that you are a person with abusive behavior. When you realize and accept, that your behavior is the real problem, then you will be able to find a solution to change.
- Make a decision – The next step is tomake a decision that you have to conquer your abusive behavior and will be a new person. You need to change your life routine accordingly to achieve this goal. Never forget to motivate yourself every day and put in the hard work.
- Must Take Responsibility – You need to be responsible for your abusive behavior and refuse to be the dominant and abusive person. You should always keep in mind that you are responsible for your actions. Once you understand that you are responsible for emotional and psychological abuse towards others, you may finally find the power to apologize for your actions.
- Talk with your Victim – You have to gain some courage to talk with the person who has been mostly affected by your abusive behavior. If possible, apologize to them from your heart, and listen to them carefully. Even though, it will be difficult for you. But this will definitely help and inspire you to be a better person in life.
- Try to Forgive yourself – This is another very important step. You should forgive that you hurt those people whom you know well. Only by forgiving yourself can you stop the cycle of abuse and change yourself.
- Set your expectations to Low. – Expectations or unrealistic hope are the number one cause of most relationship problems. If unrealistic hope is not satisfied, it may lead to anger and hatred, thereby make you turn abusive. Once you begin to lower your expectations of people, you will free yourself and them from following certain unnecessary patterns. This allows you to overcome control behavior and choose how to respond to each situation.
- Seek Professional Help – Getting professional help and support from people helps you fight your abusive behavior. In fact, abusive behavior can be due to underlying mental illnesses such as trauma, anxiety, and substance abuse. Treatment not only helps to deal with the symptoms of mental illness but can also empower you to make the necessary changes in your thinking, attitudes, and personality. You can control your thoughts and emotions and better control your reactions by consulting with a qualified therapist, or mental health professional. Today, many therapists and psychologists provide online consultations and accept payment for their services made through cryptocurrencies. In fact, many doctors are now investing and trading cryptocurrencies for good profits. Dr. Abramson, a former programmer, is embracing bitcoin’s revolutionary payment mechanism as a new means to secure the anonymity of his patients. The highly sophisticated trading platforms available now allow even the inexperienced to trade much easier and hassle-free. Bitcoin code app is one of those platforms that can automatically execute transactions for its user.
When you are devoted, determined, have a strong support system, and seek professional help, you can change your abusive behavior. All you have to do is take responsibility, try forgiving yourself, and manage your expectations.